- I've added a new feature to both this blog and Win Free Horror Shit, wherein you can sign up to receive e-mail updates whenever I make a new post / add a new contest. To do that, head over to the sidebar on your right and scroll down all the way past the "about me" section. Now you'll never miss a single little pointless update! Isn't that grand?
- Anyone seen the flick Babysitter Wanted? It hasn't come to the United States on DVD yet, but I know it's out on Region 2. I just watched it the other night and it's pretty kickass. Half old school horror scare-fest / half gore-fest, and with Bill Moseley to boot! It's essentially about a new college chick in town who takes up a babysitting job posted on her school's bulletin board and undergoes a serious night from hell. To say any more would be giving plot twists and turns away, so I will not say any more. I will simply say check it out, because it's one of the better horror films to come down the pipeline in the last couple years. It's definetly got its flaws, but it's a pretty solid flick with a pretty awesome twist. Seek it out whichever way you can!
- With the Last House on the Left remake hitting theatres this Friday, I wanted to repost my script review from many months back for those who might have missed it. There's obviously spoilers contained in there but it's really nothing that hasn't already been spoiled about the movie in magazines and tv spots lately. I guess they figure we all know what's gonna happen, so why bother even keeping any of it a secret? You can read my review of the script HERE. I wasn't all that impressed with the script but something tells me i'm gonna like the movie itself a lot more. At least I hope so, being that i'm a huge fan of the original. I'm gonna be at a horror convention all this weekend (more on that tommorow) so i'm not gonna get the chance to see the movie until Sunday at the earliest, but I will of course post my thoughts when I get around to it. By the way, did anyone pick up that new Last House DVD yet? I think i've mentioned that I accidently snapped my copy of the original release in half (how, i'm not entirely sure), so I need to get my hands on that one pronto.
- Any fellow Mist fans out there? I just watched the flick in black and white for the first time (which you can do on disc 2 of the 2 disc set), and I think I enjoyed it even more than the color version. As Darabont himself states in the intro, they're two totally different movie experiences. And in fact the best way I can sum up The Mist is to call it an experience. Am I the only one that feels like i'm a part of the movie whenever I watch it? Something about the way it was filmed and pulled off makes you almost feel like you're in the grocery store yourself fending off the mist creatures. And the ending? Forget about it. Such an awesome movie that I can't help but feel is a bit underappreciated. Watch the black and white version if you haven't yet. If nothing else, it helps make some of the obvious CGI look not so bad as it did in color.
- I'm getting both Quarantine and Let The Right One In on Blu-ray from Netflix tommorow, and i'm definetly looking forward to that. I've made my thoughts known on LTROI several times now, but I plan on writing up a little review of the disc itself tommorow. Quarantine I have yet to see being that I avoided it like the plague during its theatrical run due to my anger over the fact that the awesome REC was already being remade, but i'm actually kinda looking forward to checking it out now. I've heard some good things and i'll post my thoughts on that one soon too. This has gotta be the first remake to hit DVD in the states before the original! Crazy times we live in.
I guess that's all I wanted to say. Goodnight, sirs .....